Singapore PR Application Guide
When applying for a permanent residency in Singapore, you have to choose which scheme works best for you. We have 3 schemes to choose from – scheme for working individuals, scheme for investors, and scheme for foreign artist. Depending on which path you choose, you need to prepare the necessary documents and proof. You also need to check if you are indeed eligible to apply for a permanent residency card in Singapore. Now that you have finally decided which path to take, here is a general Singapore PR Application Guide.
- To apply, go to www.ica.gov.sg
- Submit your application to e-services(https://www.ica.gov.sg/esvclandingpage/epr). The link given will direct you on a website that will give you an option which scheme you want to take, depending on whether you are a worker, a student or an investor.
- If you are a student that is already studying in Singapore, you can access the e-service using your foreign identification number together with the valid date of your immigration pass.
- If you are an investor, you can apply for a permanent residency at Singapore Economic Development Board for Global Investor Programme. See this link to check on the detailed application process for investors https://www.edb.gov.sg/en/how-we-help/global-investor-programme.html
- Prepare for the application fees. Application fees costs, 100 Singaporean dollars or around 75USD. Please not that these fees are not refundable and should be paid once the application has been passed. There are different channels where you can pay depending on which is the most convenient for you.Payment can be made using:
- Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card or,
- American Express (AMEX) credit card or,
- Internet Direct Debit (DBS/POSB, OCBC, UOB, Standard Chartered Bank and Citibank Internet Banking accounts in Singapore) or,
If the application is successful, you will need to pay entry visa fee. You might want to check the site for complete details on that.
Processing of visas take time. This is because ICA has to be tedious in checking all the requirements and checking the eligibility of the applicant. There are a lot of things to consider when checking your application for permanent residency. Which is why, a normal processing time for a permanent residency application can take up to 6 months. This will depend on how complex your case are. To give an overview, processing of visa will have, data and document verification, processing, outcome finalization and notice of outcome.
Applicants will receive the outcome of their application through post. However, if you have a sponsor, they can check the status of the application through e-services or myICA. Please avoid contacting ICA for your application status. Also note that, applications, whether new or repeated, will not be accepted if there is a current application that is on process.
Also, please note of the other government mandated liability if you will be granted a permanent visa. Sample of which is the National Service Liability wherein young son with the age of 16.5 is required to enlist for a military service granted that he will have his permanent residency card by that age.
Always check the ICA website for more details about applying a permanent residency card. Requirements and eligibility can change from time to time so it is always better to be updated.